Keep Your Car "Cool" When the Thermometer Rises
For a month or two, we may occasionally get to complain about the heat. But, at last, with the frigid temperatures gone, we don’t need to worry as much about car maintenance…right?
Well, not necessarily. Blistering heat and torrential thunderstorms can adversely affect your car’s engine, interior, exterior, and may also cause discomfort for the driver and passengers, especially on longer trips.
How to protect your car and keep it cool and comfortable:
Heat and humidity present almost as big a challenge to your vehicle as sub-zero temperatures and icy roads. Taking precautionary steps could save you costly repair bills down the road, not to mention making your summer ride a lot more pleasant.
Check out the tips below to make sure your vehicle performs and looks its best during the sultry months:
• Change the oil- Depending on the oil, you need to change it every 3,000 to 7,000 miles. If there’s a heat wave coming up, best to changes it sooner than later.
• Check the coolant- Your radiator coolant works triple time in the summer. A conventional coolant needs to be changed at least every two years, while an extended life coolant needs replacement every five years.
• Test the battery and make sure you have jumper cables handy.
• Check the AC with diagnostic tests.
• Have your tires inspected. You don’t want to be on slick, rainy roads with worn out tires.
A few more steps to take to make your car more comfortable:
• Park in the shade…duh!
• Use windshield sun protector
• Wash, dry, and wax your car
• Check your belts and hoses.
• Make sure your windshield wipers are working, and you have plenty of fluid.
• Make sure your brakes are in good working order.
• Use seat covers to protect your leather or upholstered seats
Of course, you can always stop at your favorite auto supply store, but if you want the convenience of having some excellent car maintenance products delivered to your door, check out these Amazon finds:
• Zone Tech Cooling Car Seat Cushion- protect your seats and stay cool!
• Meguiar’s cleaning wax- make your car look great in just one step
• Blikzone Emergency Kit- be prepared for just about anything!
And, of course, if your vehicle gets caught in a hail storm or gets a few extra dings from that mountain or country road trip, no problem! We can make your car look like it never happened and we’ll come to you at your home or office. For more info or PDR services contact us here.
#DentRepairMN #dentrepairminneapolis #autoAC #SummerHeatCarCare